Sunday, July 25, 2010

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the July 2010 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!  This month, the challenge was to use office supplies in your project--things like paper clips, binder clips, rubber bands, file folders, staples, binder rings, adhesive labels, post-it notes, and so on--you get the idea.  I have to admit, this challenge was exactly that--a challenge!  It was fun to see what office supplies were hidden in various places in the house, but a little harder to figure out how to use them!  So here is what I came up with:



"Notes"
I revisited several of the design team members' blogs from when they introduced "Take Note," and found that Lauren Meader had created a really cute notebook, and provided dimensions.  So I used her template to come up with this little notebook.

Opening the notebook



Back of notebook

These pictures show some other views of the notebook, specifically the view from the back, and the view as you open up the first flap of the notebook.

Betsy Veldman made this notebook and had such cute stamping inside I decided to try it!











This final picture shows the view when you completely open up the notebook, and the two different notepads featured inside.  I thought this would be a cute notebook to give as a gift to a busy Mom to keep in her purse, to help remember the millions of things Moms have to remember!

Supplies:

Stamps:  Take Note, Tags of Spring, Egg Hunt (PTI)
Ink:  True Black, Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow (PTI), Bamboo Leaves, Rose bud (Memento)
Cardstock:  Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Patterned Paper:  Bitty Dots (PTI)
Accessories:  Misc. Office Supplies from around the house!

And before you continue on the hop, my daughters also wanted to try this challenge:

My Daughter K's Card
"You've Got Mail"

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted):
Stamps:  Vintage Picnic, Vintage Picnic Sentiments, Mailbox Greetings
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Danube Blue (Memento)
Cardstock:  Spring Rain, Vintage Picnic
Accessories:  Copic Markers, misc. office supplies

My Daughter J's Card
"Take Note"
Supplies:
Stamps:  Take Note (PTI)
Ink:  Lovely Lilac (SU)
Cardstock:  SU
Accessories:  Misc. Office Supplies, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Thank you so much for stopping by--we hope you enjoy the hop tonight!  I can't wait to see what everyone has created!

Chris

45 comments:

  1. Great way to dress up the to-do lists (mine are always on the back of scrap papers). Please tell your daughter that I really like her card, I'm a huge mail fan, so anything to do with mail is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your squiggly clips are just perfect. Your daughters are definitely taking after mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute notebooks, one & all -- looks like you've got some competition there, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your note pad is very pretty, and how cool that your daughters played along too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your note pad and it's great that your daughters played along too. Love both of their projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN colors - really like the pink and green. Plus it's functional too! Can you make me one?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable notebook! And YAY for K and J! I don't think I have ever seen a whole family play along in the hop! Great job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris, this is amazing! Wonderful office element project! Fabulously done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the PTI notebooks and what you created. I also love your daughters' creations. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun that you get to creat with your daughters. Congratulations to all three of you for fun and clever creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the circle paper clips. I have some of them but forget to use them. Your daughters are very talented. All 3 of you get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just *love* your note pad! The colors are so cheery!! And your daughters made such a sweet card and notepad. Bravo to both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, I love your Note folder. How pretty it is. And your daughter's cards are so cute too. How fun to be able to create together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great notebook, so cheery and fun! And your daughter's cards are so nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great notebook with nice details -- and clever to use one of the spiral clips for the "o" in "notes". How fun that your girls' participated, too. Gotta love the family that crafts together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! Love everything, the office supplies you picked worked!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your use of paperclips and clips. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how fun...your project and your daughters are super cute!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want one of these!! I like the colors you chose and the cute clip used as the letter "o" is great!! the inside stamping is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all 3! Your daughters did great! But I love the notebook idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun projects! I love these! Great use of office supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable notepad! Your daughters' cards are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhh! How sweet that your daughters joined in! ALL of your projects are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look at all those little clips you used, how cute and your daughter's card is the best! Tell her she is quite the creative crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How neat! Great use of the office supplies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely wonderful! Your office supplies look right at home on this one! Love the colours and the spiral ring in the "o" - perfect! Congratulations to you daughters - what great projects! I think it's wonderful that they wanted to play along :0)!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!!! Stunning. Awesome. Loved all the projects..very creative youngsters you have got :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sweet, just love those pretty colors of the paperclips!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute that your daughters played along too! Love the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That notebook sure is cute! I love all the photos so we can see everything. And cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. All you ladies did a fabulous job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very cute! The cards your daughters made are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love your project! I was thinking I need to make some more notepads for quick gifts! I think it's WONDERFUL that your girls wanted to participate too- they did a great job with the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great notepad! Love it. And what a talented girls you have! My girls also love to make cards.
    Sandra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. You both did a fabulous job!I love thise note pads.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great job by all! Love the notebook and how fun to have such creative daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just love your notebook Chris - its so pretty! And practical too! Well done to J & K too - fabulous creations and looks like they're following in Mum's footsteps already!

    ReplyDelete